The TIP model

The Technology Integration Planning (TIP) Model is another useful approach to designing ICT rich lessons.  It has 5 phases (outlined below) to ensure that technology use will be efficient and successful in meeting the needs and the goals of your lessons.  Our uni lecturer explains that it helps you to identify a specific set of questions for you to consider and will guide your planning process.  The 5 phases are a circular process, which essentially means you can ‘jump in’ at any phase and use it in a beneficial manner.

Please click on the image to be taken to an enlarged version.

Several of my fellow students have blogged about the TIP model, I must say I rather like how Corinne Owen has provided a succinct breakdown of the phases, click here to read her insights into TIP.

Whilst completing the reading for the TIP model, we were asked to reflect on previous work we have done, either on practicum or unit plans we have developed and note where there was a learning problem that was ultimately solved by technology with a relative high advantage (adapted from Roblyer, 2006, p. 45).  I immediately thought of my prac with Year 4 where I was able to engage students with a History lesson using technology.  It was a great success.  The students were so into the lesson because I was able to give them the perspectives of a by-gone era using visual imagery, noises, paperwork, photos all projected up for the class to discuss, reflect and make sense of.  It was a great collaborative learning tool and the students were keen to get to writing their Historical perspective texts.

Signing off now….time to keep reading up and planning for my prac ( just around the corner!).

Cheers,

Katie